Emergency departments are the front door to your hospital, with up to 60% of admitted patients coming through this department.
Emergency medicine physicians are a limited resource, and with more and more patients using the emergency department, resources need to be allocated as efficiently as possible.
Envision Physician Services’ Lean process improvement generates best practice workflows.
Our emergency medicine best practices help to streamline the patient experience and ensure timely, appropriate patient evaluation. We are also able to:
- Reduce time between admission and discharge
- Reduce left without treatment (LWOT)
- Reduce door-to-provider times
- Reduce patient departures against medical advice (AMA)
- Decrease 72-hour return visits through efficient observation center/rapid discharge unit management
- Increase patient satisfaction
- Increase medical and nursing staff satisfaction
- Improve financial performance
The emergency department team at Terrebonne General Medical Center mastered best practices for improving the patient experience, achieving outstanding improvement in Press Ganey patient satisfaction scores.
Powerful Emergency Medicine Resources.
For more than 40 years, hospitals and health systems have trusted Envision Physician Services to deliver innovative emergency department management solutions that meet their service needs and growth goals.
Hospitals and health systems benefit from national experts, benchmarks and proven processes from an organization with powerful resources:
- Experienced and diversified clinical leadership
- Methods for improving clinical and operational metrics
- Tools for improving the patient experience
- Aggressive recruitment and retention program and extensive staffing capabilities to ensure a stable team of board-certified emergency physicians
- Technologies that improve communication and collaboration
- Pediatric and geriatric emergency program development and leadership
Whether your hospital or system is large or small, in a rural or urban environment, a teaching hospital or trauma hospital, we can customize a program that provides the right physicians, the right solutions, and the right support to better serve your patients and communities.